DEGRP’s research on China-Africa focuses on a number of key areas:
- lessons from China on how local government can contribute to economic growth and human development in Africa;
- Chinese firms and employment dynamics in sub-Saharan Africa;
- the exports of commodities, such as oil to China and the effect this has on oil sector dynamics and economies in Africa;
- the impact of Chinese investment in African manufacturing and contract farming and how this can enhance structural transformation;
- Africa’s growing informal commodity trade and engagement with China.