What we do
The DFID-ESRC Growth Research Programme (DEGRP) funds world class scientific research on issues relating to inclusive economic growth in Low Income Countries (LICs), with high potential for impact on policy and practice.
The four core areas for research are:
- Financial sector development and growth;
- Agriculture and growth;
- Raising productivity and innovation
- China's engagement in sub-Saharan Africa
The programme focuses on:
- Generating world class and cutting-edge policy relevant research addressing key questions on economic growth in developing countries, particularly LICs.
- The effective communication of research findings to key policy and decision makers.
- Strengthening the capacity of Southern researchers to lead and manage research.
Evidence & Policy Group
In addition to building high quality evidence, the programme also aims to ensure that the research is used and has an impact on growth policy in developing countries. ODI manages the Evidence and Policy Group (EPG), to support both the programme and its projects to maximise the profile, uptake and impact of DEGRP’s research.
International Advisory Committee